CyberData Technologies is dedicated to complete customer satisfaction through delivering high quality and innovative services and solutions. Learn more about our certifications.
Computer Specialist I
CyberData Technologies, Inc., an established technology solution provider based in Herndon, Virginia, is looking to expand its growing team. We are an industry leader in data warehousing and business intelligence for both government and commercial clients. Our employees are our greatest asset and we are committed to their professional development and growth. We provide competitive salaries, bonuses, generous benefit packages, and paid time off to balance work and personal commitments.
Job Location: Sterling, VA
Job Duties include (but are not limited to):
The Computer Specialist will assist the System Administrator in ensuring the availability, integrity, reliability, availability of computer equipment and computer peripherals at the customer’s Test and Evaluation facility for weather observing systems. The specialist will be hardware-centric given a variety of non-traditional network devices such as weather instruments and several outdoor network platforms. Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Performing desktop support, routine maintenance tasks such as installing/maintaining voice over IP phones, copiers/printers, fax machines, and various network devices.
- Assist in property control measures for all computer assets and report changes in status of property.
- Assisting with purchasing equipment including determining specifications and compatibility.
Job Requirements include (but are not limited to):
- Associate’s Degree in Computer Science OR three years of relevant experience
- At least one certification required (e.g. A+, CCENT, or CCNA)
- Strong knowledge of Windows OS
- Knowledge of Red Hat OS desired
- Knowledge of Commonly-used IT concepts, practices, and procedures
- Must be able to meet physical requirements: Crawling under desks, routing wires above ceiling tiles, and able to lift heavy loads (not to excel 50 lbs without assistance)
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance
Please submit your resume in Word format with salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Principals only: NO 3rd PARTY, no employment agencies. No telephone calls please.
CyberData is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.