CyberData Technologies is dedicated to complete customer satisfaction through delivering high quality and innovative services and solutions. Learn more about our certifications.
IT Equipment Clerk
CyberData Technologies, Inc., an established technology solution provider based in Herndon, Virginia, is looking to expand its growing team. We are an industry leader in data warehousing and business intelligence for both government and commercial clients. CyberData ranked 30th Fastest Growing Federal Contractors in Washington Technology 2008 Fast 50, and is an Inc. 500 company. Our employees are our greatest asset and we are committed to their professional development and growth. We provide competitive salaries, bonuses, generous benefit packages, and paid time off to balance work and personal commitments.
CyberData is seeking an IT Equipment Clerk with experience in the area of shipping, receiving, and maintaining inventory for Computing Equipment. The successful candidate will be able to perform all the listed job duties effectively, have a professional attitude, and great communication skills.
Job Location: College Park, MD
Job Duties (include but are not limited to):
- Receive packages both very large and small from the loading dock.
- Track and maintain inventory.
- Operate equipment like hand trucks, pallet jacks, and charts to move heavy equipment.
- Identify and report any property that is in excess of the needs of the custodial area.
- Ensuring that lost/stolen, damaged, or destroyed property is reported immediately.
- Conducting required annual physical inventories, or more frequent as directed by the property custodian.
- When completing an inventory, ensure all property listed on the property record is present by verifying serial numbers or, in the absence of a serial number by the assigned number used to identify the item.
- Exercising “reasonable care” for equipment safekeeping.
- Ensuring equipment is in good working condition or equipment maintenance needs are met.
- Ensuring equipment is assigned/used by a responsible person.
- Ensuring equipment is accessible at all times for audit purposes.
- Reporting missing or stolen property to the property custodian or branch chief within 24 hours of discovery.
- Informing the property custodian of site/building/room location changes for all tagged equipment.
- Coordinating with the property custodian for proper removal of equipment (to Surplus, cannibalization, etc).
- Inform the property custodian of changes in custodian and/or end user.
Required Skills (include but not limited to):
- High School Diploma and 4+ years of experience
- Knowledge of good inventory management practices
- Experience working on a loading dock to ship/receive IT equipment
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Word (or comparable software)
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust
- Experience maintaining inventory in a Data Center environment
- Experience working as a contractor on a federal job site
- ITIL certification
Please submit your resume in Word format with salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Principals only: NO 3rd PARTY, no employment agencies. No telephone calls please.
CyberData is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
CyberData Technologies, Inc.