CyberData Technologies is dedicated to complete customer satisfaction through delivering high quality and innovative services and solutions. Learn more about our certifications.
Scientific Modeling Software Engineer
Position: Software Engineer (Scientific Modeling)
Job Location: Silver Spring, MD
The Software Engineer will develop documentation and demonstration code for a coupled Extratropical Surge and Tide Operational Forecast System (ESTOFS)/ Advanced Circulation Model (ADCIRC) and National Water Model (NWM) linkage. The software engineer will use DFlow among other data analytical tools such as but not limited to Python, MATLAB, and FORTRAN.
The Office of Water Prediction (OWP) is using open source version of the DFlow Flexible Mesh (FM) 1d/2d model developed, released and maintained by Deltares (https://www.deltares.nl/en/). NOS is using the open source version of the ADCIRC model (http://adcirc.org/). NOAA/NCEP is using NOAA Environmental Modeling System (NEMS) framework to couple models (http://www.emc.ncep.noaa.gov/index.php?branch=NEMS).
- 4 years of Environmental Modeling experience
- 4 years of scientific programming (python, MATLAB, FORTRAN, etc)
- An understanding of the ADCIRC (Advanced Circulation) Model
- Professional Experience with DFlow 1D/2D Modeling
- Knowledge of NOAA Environmental Modeling System (NEMS)
- Prior working experience developing software codes and scripts to couple ADCIRC models to NWS NWM and DFlow 1D/2D model using NEMS.
- Experience using NOAA Environmental Modeling System (NEMS), Earth System Modeling Framework (ESMF) infrastructure software and the National Unified Operational Prediction Capability (NUOPC)
CyberData Technologies, Inc., an established technology solution provider based in Herndon, Virginia, is looking to expand its growing team. We are an industry leader in data warehousing and business intelligence for both government and commercial clients. Our employees are our greatest asset and we are committed to their professional development and growth. We provide competitive salaries, bonuses, generous benefit packages, and paid time off to balance work and personal commitments.
Please submit your resume in Word format with salary requirement to email@example.com.
Principals only: NO 3rd PARTY, no employment agencies. No telephone calls please.
CyberData is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
CyberData Technologies, Inc.