CyberData Technologies is dedicated to complete customer satisfaction through delivering high quality and innovative services and solutions. Learn more about our certifications.
Test Team Lead
CyberData Technologies, Inc., an established technology solution provider based in Herndon, Virginia, is looking to expand its growing team. We are an industry leader in data warehousing and business intelligence for both government and commercial clients. CyberData ranked 30th Fastest Growing Federal Contractors in Washington Technology 2008 Fast 50, and is an Inc. 500 company. Our employees are our greatest asset and we are committed to their professional development and growth. We provide competitive salaries, bonuses, generous benefit packages, and paid time off to balance work and personal commitments.
Job Location: College Park, MD
Job Duties include (but are not limited to):
The test team lead will perform coordinate all testing activities and documentation for the test team responsible for meteorological application testing. The work activities range from understanding the requirements from the forecasters, developing manual and automated test scenarios, executing tests, and reporting on test results. The test lead will work with the customer to understand priorities and ensure test resources are aligned with those priorities. The test team lead will participate in and provide guidance on both unit testing and full integrated system testing. Applications will include standard software tools and/or services for decoding, calculation and display of scientific data including satellite, radar, observational, numerical forecast models, and forecast products; for creating and editing graphical products; and to transform such graphics into alternative data formats such as BUFR, GRIB, GIF, and agency-specified formats.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Software Engineering and 3+ years of relevant experience OR equivalent degree OR degree in Physics, Meteorology, or similar scientific field with 3+ years of software analysis and testing experience
- Demonstrated current expertise with Eclipse IDE
- Experience developing automated unit testing with tools such as Junit
- Understand of observational data visualization and/or meteorological forecasting tools
- Experience working with scientific data sets OR large, complex data sets (NetCDF, HDF5, or GRIB experience preferred)
- Experience working with visual representations of data, preferably in a geospatial environment
- Experience with change management and version control systems, such as Subversion, Git, and Redmine.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information and work status accurately and reliably to project leads and managers.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a national agency check and background investigation after hire.
- Experience using or supporting the Advanced Weather Information Processing System (AWIPS) environment
- Ability to program in a Java environment
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
Please submit your resume in Word format with salary requirement to email@example.com.
Principals only: NO 3rd PARTY, no employment agencies. No telephone calls please.
CyberData is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
CyberData Technologies, Inc.