CyberData Technologies is dedicated to complete customer satisfaction through delivering high quality and innovative services and solutions. Learn more about our certifications.
Current Job Openings
Senior Database specialist
Job Location: Tuscaloosa, AL
CyberData Technologies is looking to hire a senior level Database specialist to support the National Weather Service from the National Water Center (NWC) in Tuscaloosa, AL. The successful candidate will work as part of a team that designs, develops, and maintains flood forecasting and decision making software for the National Weather Service/Office of Water Prediction. The senior database specialist will work very closely with government personnel, hydrologic, and Hydraulic scientists and other partners, on a daily basis to make design and implementation decisions.
- Involvement in database design and data management planning and implementation.
- Develop modernized database solutions that increase scalability and performance and minimize downtime; perform modeling to assess and enhance database capacity and performance.
- Customize databases and software to meet client data storage needs including the ability to read, create and modify database models.
- Configures databases and web servers to support application software while keeping databases and web servers compliant with defined standards.
- Writes and maintains system documentation according to established standards to facilitate ongoing support and maintenance.
- Work within a small team to include software implementation, O&M activities, technical writing, and coordination meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent years of experience (+4 years of experience in replacement)
- 5+ years of experience in database design, implementation, maintenance, and management.
- Experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) methodologies in a service-oriented architecture and integrated development environment.
- Knowledge with the following software/programming languages/tools: Java, C/C++, XML, Shell Script, Python, SQL, Postgres, Docker Container. Version control tools (e.g., svn, git, etc.)
- Experience with RedHat Linux operating system, Virtual machine.
- Solid hands-on experience with RDBMS modeling/admin and development. Also knowledge of hardware required for effective database operations.
- Education and/or experience working in Physical Science field.
- Experience with geospatial databases and web-based geospatial technology.
- Knowledge with Ceph platform is a plus
Help Desk Administrator
Job Location: Atlanta, GA (CDC)
CyberData Technologies is looking to hire a Help Desk Administrator to provide Level 1 help desk support for all Registry Plus software applications.
The successful candidate will:
- Receive and resolve user calls with a single point of contact (Level 1) which is defined as resolution of issues on the first call. User assistance requests which cannot be resolved on the first call shall be escalated to a Subject Matter Expert (Level 2 Support).
- Review, develop appropriate response, and respond to electronic mail support requests within 24 hours. User assistance requests which cannot be resolved through the first response to the email shall be escalated to a Subject Matter Expert (Level 2 Support).
- Perform helpdesk center capacity monitoring and planning which is defined as monitoring and maintaining appropriate staffing levels for anticipated and planned call volumes.
- Maintain publicly accessible website for helpdesk operations, troubleshooting tips, news and announcements, application use reports, survey results, and frequently answered questions.
- Provide user support for configuration and administration of specialized technologies as identified by the government.
- 2-5 years of Team Foundation Server experience
- Strong technical writing skills
- Strong customer service experience
- E-mail helpdesk experience
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Public Health experience (specifically Cancer related)
Job Location: Fort Belvoir, VA
Clearance Required: Active Secret (DoD)
CyberData is looking to hire an Application Engineer with excellent customer service skills to work as a member of a team supporting the US Army Data Center Consolidation Plan (ADCCP). The application engineer will serve as part of a team assisting in the migration of Army applications to DOD approved enterprise hosting facilities by conducting preliminary assessments and advising application owners throughout the migration process. The candidate will be required to become familiar with the characteristics of a variety of DOD and commercial hosting environments and be able to perform an engineering analysis to determine the optimal hosting environment in consideration of the system/application’s functional requirements.
Job duties to include, but are not limited to the following:
- Conduct design and analysis applying a multi-disciplinary approach to deliver next-generation technology and services to cloud platforms.
- Effectively apply relevant knowledge and experience to provide both technical and operational support to new and existing cloud implementation efforts.
- Convey technical and operational considerations orally and in written formats (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint) at various levels of understanding
- Deliver support to both new design and implementation efforts as well as existing, deployed cloud infrastructures and services
- Documentation deliverables shall include Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs), various reports and findings documents, workflow models and process documents, illustrative logical and physical network design documents; and business-related diagrams.
- Directly assist the team with any/all requirements, to include the following:
- Documentation creation and updates
- Attend required meetings and take meeting minutes
- Produce meeting agendas, minutes, and executive summaries as applicable
Required Skills (include but not limited to):
5+ years professional experience desired in the following skills:
- Experience in infrastructure and cloud engineering and operations;
- Ability to work under stressful and demanding deadlines and the ability to visually represent concepts and ideas for senior leadership;
- Hands-on experience with at least one cloud orchestration platform (AWS, Azure, OpenStack, CloudStack);
- Function productively in a collaborative team environment; Capable of managing and coordinating individual workloads while simultaneously supporting multiple migration efforts.
3+ years professional experience desired in the following skills:
- Strong background in DoD/Army computing environments and application security requirements;
- Experience with all architectural aspects of enterprise applications, most specifically multi-tier web applications;
- Experience with virtualization strategies to include application development within the commercial cloud environment;
- Ability to work as a member of a cross-functional team consisting of business leads, system engineers and Information Assurance engineers;
- Knowledge of interpreted and compiled computer programming languages such as Java, C, Objective C, C++, C Sharp, SQL, Tcl, Perl, PHP and Python. Assembly, CUDA, GPU language experience desirable;
- Developing/configuring/reengineering enterprise applications; experience with .NET, JAVA, PHP, COLDFUSION, and/or ServiceNow;
- Knowledge of Operating Systems (Linux and Windows), kernel, hardware abstraction layer, APIs, memory management, security protections;
- Participating in a team performing cloud service design and delivery functions.
- 2+ years of experience with DoD terminology and Army organizational structure- 2+ years professional experience desired;
- 2+ years of client facing interaction with internal and external customers;
- Ability to conduct trend analysis of the current system/application population and evaluate demands for additional migration services;
- Familiarity with LDAP, Microsoft Active Directory, and Domain Controller implementation strategies;
- Experience with large scale infrastructure management tools such as: Puppet, Chef, SMS, Satellite, etc.
Job Location: Washington, DC
CyberData is excited to hire an energetic and qualified candidate to lead a public website development project for our Federal client located in Washington DC area, near Farragut West/North metro station. Our client is looking for a leader to be the Drupal Architect who can fulfil the required skills. This is a 100% hands-on position with heavy coding requirements.
Qualifications (include but not limited to):
- This is a 100% hands-on position with heavy coding requirements. As a Sr. Drupal Architect/ Developer, the candidate should be able to provide a roadmap to the developers and interacted with the federal government customers on a daily basis. Following skills are required.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in developing public web site with Drupal 7 and above
- Minimum 5 years of experience in PHP programming
- 5 years of experience in producing conceptual and technical designs that include the use of industry standard best practices and techniques
- 5 years of experience in Hands on experience on HTML5 & CSS3
- 3 years of experience in Angular, Node, Backbone, React-JS is preferable
- 3 years of experience in hooks, APIs and Drupal core mechanism
- 3 years of experience in Apache 2.4.x with lean configuration files
- 2 years of experience in Agile Scrum methodology
- Capability to architect the public web site of Federal Government
- Capability to lead multiple team members on a daily basis via daily Agile Scrum meeting
- Capability to estimate, document and plan releases for a CMS implementation
- Capability to create, customize, develop, and implement Drupal version 8 CMS to manage content for Federal or Commercial organizations, including updates, enhancements, and changes as directed.
- Capability to develop automated processes as required
- Capability to migrate the current content from SharePoint to Drupal 8 ensuring the resulting website remains fully functional.
- Capability to create, customize, develop, and implement a leveraged use of Drupal version 8, including updates, enhancements, and changes as directed, to establish and manage limited Web content
- Capability to install, test and deploy patches to the core CMS and modules for our Drupal CMS.
- Anticipate issues and risks at the module level and escalate appropriately
Senior Systems Engineer
Job Location: Silver Spring, MD
CyberData Technologies is looking to hire a Senior Systems Engineer to provide on-site system engineering and maintenance support to the National Weather Service’s (NWS) Upper Air Program. This will include the design, development, testing, deployment, documentation, operation, and radiosonde frequency migration transition support of Radiosonde Replacement System (RRS), and other evolving upper air observation systems. The position is located in Silver Spring, MD.
A successful candidate will also provide system analysis, system engineering, system maintenance support, and frequency migration transition support services on-site at NWS headquarters in Silver Spring, MD to design, develop, test, document, deploy, and maintain RRS system and other evolving upper air observation systems, including hardware interfaces and workstation software.
- Scrum Master Certification is required
- Bachelor’s Degree of related field (Computer Science, Meteorology, Information Technology, etc.)
- Minimum 5 years of experience with Microsoft Visual Studio C# AND C++ development/Maintenance
- At least 2 years of Event Driven Multi-Threaded Programming
- 4 years of experience with Microsoft .NET Framework
- Microsoft SQL Server Express
- IT security
- 8+ years of system development and engineering experience
- FORTRAN development/Maintenance (INTEL Visual FORTRAN and GCC FORTRAN)
- Familiarity with virtual machines and VMWare
- Familiarity with InstallShield and creating deployment packages
- Meteorological algorithm development to convert geometric heights, temperatures and relative humidities from radiosonde observations to pressure and geopotential heights
- Meteorological data formats and their encoding/decoding process, including high resolution BUFR (Binary Universal Form for the Representation of meteorological data) data format
- Institutional knowledge of RRS system and RRS Workstation Software (RWS) application, and technical and communication skills to troubleshoot issues and trouble tickets raised by RRS site users
- Active CompTIA Security+CE
Technical Marketing Manager
CyberData Technologies, Inc., seeks a full-time Technical Marketing Manager at Herndon, VA to plan new product roadmap and manage product development life cycle, implement marketing activities, evaluate growth opportunities and initiate operating plan from financial perspective. BA's degree or equivalency in Engineering or related fields, plus 5 years of Marketing experience in global companies manufacture electronics or electrical products required; with knowledge in data base user interface and query software such as Microsoft Access, SQL, HTML, Dreamwaver as well as in financial modeling, analysis and big data required. Travel for product roadshow and related conference as needed. Mail CV: HR, 455 Springpark Place, Ste 300, Herndon, VA 20171
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.