CyberData Technologies is dedicated to complete customer satisfaction through delivering high quality and innovative services and solutions. Learn more about our certifications.
Linux Administrator I
CyberData Technologies, Inc., an established technology solution provider based in Herndon, Virginia, is looking to expand its growing team. We are an industry leader in data warehousing and business intelligence for both government and commercial clients. Our employees are our greatest asset and we are committed to their professional development and growth. We provide competitive salaries, bonuses, generous benefit packages, and paid time off to balance work and personal commitments.
Job Location: College Park, MD
The System Administrator will be responsible for administering components within the Geostationary Weather Satellite Antenna System (GWSAS) systems at eight locations remote locations. The successful candidate will have solid technical skills and a great customer service attitude.
Job duties (include but not limited to):
- Troubleshoot and correct errors on the GWSAS components.
- Perform Tier 1 incident response services on a 24x7 on-call basis.
- Coordinate with Tier 2 or higher support as needed
- Create troubleshooting documentation
- Follow organizational change processes
- Update support tickets within a Helpdesk System
Required Skills (include but not limited to):
- Bachelor’s Degree with entry level exposure to linux and server administration
- Remote Linux/Unix system administration experience
- Local system administration using a KVM
- Basic knowledge of networking
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Customer interface skills
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to obtain a NACI Public Trust
- SNMP protocol configuration experience
- Local Data Manager (LDM) protocol configuration experience
- LAN configuration experience
- ITIL knowledge
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
Please submit your resume in Word format with salary requirement to email@example.com.
Principals only: NO 3rd PARTY, no employment agencies. No telephone calls please.
CyberData is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
CyberData Technologies, Inc.