CyberData Technologies is dedicated to complete customer satisfaction through delivering high quality and innovative services and solutions. Learn more about our certifications.
CyberData Technologies, Inc., an established technology solution provider based in Herndon, Virginia, is looking to expand its growing team. We are an industry leader in data warehousing and business intelligence for both government and commercial clients. Our employees are our greatest asset and we are committed to their professional development and growth. We provide competitive salaries, bonuses, generous benefit packages, and paid time off to balance work and personal commitments.
Job Location: Sterling, VA
The analyst, under general supervision, performs scientific environmental tests, analyzes test data, develops or prepares graphs and figures, and summarizes results in test reports. Specific duties include:
- Obtain a surface observing certification within 30 days of employment is required
- Recording and analyzing meteorological and engineering data from primarily surface-based meteorological systems and sensors both at the SFSC and remote test sites
- Evaluation of sensors and system performance (including algorithms) with respect to NWS specifications and requirements
- Real-time on-site and remote clinical weather observations in support of meteorological sensor testing during non-business hours/weekends/holidays
- Develop, maintain, and modify meteorological algorithms
- Develop algorithm tests by creating datasets to verify functionality
- Prepare test plans and test reports
- Provide status briefings to Government clients on the progress of testing
Qualifications (include but not limited to):
- Bachelor’s degree in Meteorology
- At least one year of experience using data analysis tools such as MS Excel, MATLAB, or Python
- Ability to multi-task and have outstanding verbal and written communication
- Basic understanding of surface weather instruments or surface weather observations
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
- Understanding of meteorological sensors and the Automated Surface Observing System (ASOS) is desired
- Surface Observation and Upper Air certification is desired
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
Please submit your resume in Word format with salary requirement to email@example.com.
Principals only: NO 3rd PARTY, no employment agencies. No telephone calls please.
CyberData is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
CyberData Technologies, Inc.