CyberData Technologies is dedicated to complete customer satisfaction through delivering high quality and innovative services and solutions. Learn more about our certifications.
CyberData Technologies, Inc., an established technology solution provider based in Herndon, Virginia, is looking to expand its growing team. We are an industry leader in data warehousing and business intelligence for both government and commercial clients. CyberData ranked 30th Fastest Growing Federal Contractors in Washington Technology 2008 Fast 50, and is an Inc. 500 company. Our employees are our greatest asset and we are committed to their professional development and growth. We provide competitive salaries, bonuses, generous benefit packages, and paid time off to balance work and personal commitments.
Job Location: College Park, MD
Job Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Implement, maintain and support a common infrastructure with which to run these applications, including helping support the addition and integration of new applications and related software into the operational enterprise hosting environment.
- Perform software development related to the following functions:
- Maintain large and complex program/system; analyze program logic and logistics; improve efficiency; prepare program documentation.
- Provide advice and guidance to meteorologists, oceanographers, climatologists, mathematicians, and computer programmers on matters pertaining to efficient use of a Linux clustered environment.
- Provide clear software documentation and operating instructions (hard copy and on-line where appropriate) for all developed software.
- Install the developed software.
- Provide trouble-shooting for any developed software running in the clustered environment.
- Interact with customers to field questions on operational configuration, system performance and application support.
- Support software testing and implementation including debugging, integration testing, and test reporting and documentation for application and associated scripts and codes in a real time, operational environment.
- Design, develop, and implement a monitoring solution for the application.
- Work with the application Development Organization to plan, design, and upgrade the operational application.
- Provide operational support of the application including:
- Provide off-hour support for applications running in a virtualized environment as a member of a Team of 6; on-call support will occur every 6 weeks.
- Engage in program analysis of problems and apply established procedures to determine root cause for problems.
- As subject matter expert for a particular application provide period training sessions to peers so that all members of the Team can support the application.
Job Requirements (include, but are not limited to):
- The candidate should be a highly qualified program analyst with strong programming expertise to support integration testing, regression testing, software updating, system support, and the development and execution of test plans for complex systems with numerous interdependencies between components. While having an understanding of numerical modeling principals to determine the impact of proposed changes on other components of the numerical suite.
- Education and/or training or experience in the software development life cycle phases including requirements analysis, software design, code development, testing and documentation is required.
- Efficient problem solving and decision making abilities.
- Experience with configuration management (CM) software and enterprise-based CM best practices.
- Knowledge in Linux shell scripting and scripting languages; with particular emphasis on the BASH, CSH, Python, and Perl scripting languages is required.
- Working knowledge of procedural computer languages, such as FORTRAN and C/C is highly desired.
- Basic knowledge of relational database concepts and the structured query language (SQL).
- Knowledge of weather operations or numerical modeling principals is desired.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally.
- Experience in customer support is also desired.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related with 2-4 years of experience.
Please submit your resume in Word format with salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Principals only: NO 3rd PARTY, no employment agencies. No telephone calls please.
CyberData is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
CyberData Technologies, Inc.