CyberData Technologies is dedicated to complete customer satisfaction through delivering high quality and innovative services and solutions. Learn more about our certifications.
Web Developer III
CyberData Technologies, Inc., an established technology solution provider based in Herndon, Virginia, is looking to expand its growing team. We are an industry leader in data warehousing and business intelligence for both government and commercial clients. Our employees are our greatest asset and we are committed to their professional development and growth. We provide competitive salaries, bonuses, generous benefit packages, and paid time off to balance work and personal commitments.
Position: Web Developer III
Job Location: College Park, MD
The web developer will perform scientific software application design, programming, testing and associated technical activities. The web developer will support the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) through various web development projects. The work activities range from developing scientific algorithms and applications software; designing code; integrating, testing and debugging code; releasing and maintaining operational code; to documenting software applications. Applications will include standard software tools and/or services for decoding, calculation and display of scientific data including satellite, radar, observational, numerical forecast models, and forecast products; for creating and editing graphical products; and to transform such graphics into alternative data formats such as BUFR, GRIB, GIF, GIS and agency-specified formats.
Job Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Coding new features or fixing defects within an existing code base
- Unit testing code
- Interacting with Version Control System/Configuration Management System
- Developing documentation of code and system
- Strong Object Oriented Programming skills
- Knowledge of frameworks including symfonv and Struts2
- Knowledge of software design patterns such as MVC
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information and work status accurately and reliably to project leads and managers
- Experience supporting code in an operational setting
- Experience working directly with the cumtomer(s)
- Experience developing RESTful web services
- Experience with defect tracking using JIRA and Confluence
- Experience using Git
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
Please submit your resume in Word format with salary requirement to email@example.com. Principals only: NO 3rd PARTY, no employment agencies. No telephone calls please.
CyberData is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
CyberData Technologies, Inc.